AC1. As a mabl user, I want to disable individual tests on the Test detail page, so that I don't have to edit n-number of Plans whenever a Test needs to be turned off for any reason.
AC2. As a mabl user, I want to disable individual tests on the Tests landing page, so that I don't have to edit n-number of Plans whenever a Test needs to be turned off for any reason.
- Open the Test
- Note the Plan(s) it's a member of
- Open each Plan
- Edit each Plan
- Scroll down to the tests list
- Remove the Test
- Save the Plan
AC1. Open the Test
- (new) Click the Test On/Off toggle button
- (new) mabl only runs Test(s) that are Enabled as part of any Plan execution, potentially with an ad-hoc override option for "Run disabled tests too?" at the Plan-level
AC2. Go to Tests page
- (new) Click the Test On/Off toggle button on a per row item basis
In my particular use case, our trial of mabl ended and the tests using the trial-only features had to be disabled. Instead of just turning them off (like we can do at the Plan-level for Plans), I had to open/edit/save 6 separate Plans to remove the affected Tests. Additionally I'll now have to go back and re-add all of those tests where they were originally.
I could very easily see this being useful in cases where a flaky test has flaked one-too-many times, an unexpected app crash is blocking other automation from executing, the edits necessary to accommodate breaking UI changes aren't ready yet, and a number of others where you need to disable a Test but don't want the headache of having to remap it to all of its Plan(s).